Carpenters are skilled craftsmen who construct, erect, install, and renovate structures made of wood and other materials, from kitchen cabinets to building frames. They work in a variety of construction settings.
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wood and other structures to specifications. Your job will be to work in various areas to produce stable and functional infrastructure and products.
Anyone who has a work permit and can legally work in Canada can apply for this position. If you do not have a work permit and are not currently allowed to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application.
A carpenter is a person with great dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal applicant will also have a good knowledge of the properties of wood and other carpentry materials. They must work with little supervision and adhere to all health and safety standards.
A successful candidate should be hardworking, dependable, and have good communication and organizational skills. Must have completed carpentry training or have equivalent experience in the field.
To be successful as a Carpentry Supervisor, you should exercise effective management skills and take necessary disciplinary actions to address poor staff performance. Ultimately, a top-performing Carpentry Supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that customers have a pleasant restaurant experience.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of stable and durable buildings and products.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Type of Employment
Seasonal Employment (Full Time)
$25.00 to $40.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Secondary education (High School)
7 months to less than 1 year
- Measuring, cutting, shaping, assembling, and joining materials made of wood, wood substitutes, light steel, and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor joists, lay subfloors, and erect walls and roof systems
- Maintaining, repairing, and renovating residential buildings and wooden structures in factories, mines, hospitals, industrial plants, and other establishments
The Main Field Of Work
- Maintenance and repair
Supervise other workers
- Proven experience as a carpenter
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques, installation and construction methods
- Proficient in the use of electrical and manual equipment and measuring tools (power saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good understanding of basic mathematical skills
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma; successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship is required
- Own tools/equipment
Safety boots with steel toecaps
- Valid driver’s license
Working conditions and physical abilities
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, squatting, kneeling
- Overtime required
Ability to supervise
Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Team player
- Customer orientation
- Values and ethics
This employer promotes equal opportunity for all applicants, including those who self-identify as members of the following groups: Apprentices, Aboriginal peoples, newcomers to Canada, seniors, visible minorities, youth.
How To Apply
The application process is by email. Send an email with your cover letter and information to the following email address. [email protected]